MVDM

18 March 2008

The newest "mini-van driving mom" on the road!

The front view.

The back view.

Morgan checking out the dvd player.

The girls exploring the new car.

I can hardly believe it myself. I am officially a mini-van driving mom! We've been looking into getting a Honda Odyssey for about 6 months now. Actually, ever since our good friends, Peter and Mel got theirs last year. After only driving luxury cars and having two kids of their own, they couldn't say enough about the Odyssey. We did check out all the other mini-vans out there but the Odyssey seemed to be a bit more sporty for us (if a mini-van can be sporty at all!). After getting over my initial resolve, then going through the release and acceptance phase, I was actually quite looking forward to driving a mini-van! I have to say, I thought that I would always drive an SUV.
I have loved driving two of them for the last 15 years but it was time to admit it. It wasn't the most practical car with two little ones. There is a reason why so many families own mini-vans! I'm quite certain that the girls were tired of me bonking their heads on the ceiling, almost every time I put them in their car seats, too. It all came down to that word again... practicality. We needed more room, dependability, safety and ease of function. Alas, my desire to look "cool" and feed my perceived, self-inflated image didn't make that list. We are extremely thankful to have a new car and most importantly, to even be a family who needed a mini-van! God is so good. Now that's cool.
The Letter 'W' said...

I am laughing right now beacause I always say "I will nver drive a mini-van!" Everytime I talk about needing more room in my SUV, my husband says that's what mini-vans are for! Congrats on the new car.

Hailey said...

Welcome to the family! It's nice to know that practicality can win out over ego for yet another family!! I don't think anyone ever thinks they'll be a mini-van driving mom, but isn't it great! We love our mini. I have to say though that I've driven my sister-in-law's Honda and it's nice and very functional! ENJOY!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -