'Tis the season

20 November 2007

Faith says, "Wow!"

Grace says, "It sure is tall."

"Look, Grace. I can see myself in this shiny ball."

Grace finds a snowflake.

And an icicle.

Faith just found her picture.

It doesn't seem that long ago that we were getting settled into our new home, decorating our tree and waiting for "the call" to bring our girls home. I can't believe one year has come and gone already.
This will be our first Christmas as a family with kids and we have to admit, we are really excited! So much so that we decided to put up our tree early! Typically in the past, I think the earliest we've ever put up a tree is the week after Thanksgiving. Not this year! My original plan was to get the tree up the day after Thanksgiving.
That way, we'd have more time to enjoy the Christmas season!
Since Morgan's birthday falls on that day this year and my whole family will be coming here to celebrate Thanksgiving with us, I thought, why not make it festive?! There are no rules against putting up a tree before Thanksgiving?! :) Plus, we knew that this week would be busy with work and preparing for the holiday. So on Sunday afternoon, while the girls napped, Morgan and I put on some Christmas music and went to work. The camera captured the first time the girls saw the lighted tree. They liked all the decorations and can even say, "Christmas tree" and "Ho, Ho, Ho!"
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -