Farewell, summer

10 September 2007

Sunrise.

Alto cumulus clouds.

Well, I did it! I survived my first summer in the desert! Morgan was worried that I would hate the summers here, especially since I've been living by the ocean for most of my adult life. Truth be told, it wasn't that bad. Like anything else, you just get used to it and work your life around it. I woke up yesterday morning to a beautiful blanket of mid-level clouds above us. I went up to the sky deck to take a closer look and there I enjoyed the most fantastic cool breeze. It was then I knew. I had made it through my first summer! It was no longer 90 plus degrees first thing in the morning and it was no longer 100 degrees at night, when we're going out to dinner. This weekend, we even noticed that the pool was cooler during the day. Fortunately for us, the way our house sits, we were blessed to be able to enjoy our pool throughout the whole summer. It never got above 92 and that's still very nice and refreshing. Even though we're still in the 100's during the day and probably will be for the rest of this month, what I've come to learn is that here in the desert, 100 degrees is actually quite nice. You can be outside and function, especially if it's not humid. I know, it's weird to think that 100 is not very hot!

It's also weird to think back to this time last year and realize how much our lives have changed. This same time last year, we had just made the decision to move and buy our home but we still had no idea that our twin girls were coming. We laugh now because the biggest decision we made back then on the weekends... "Should we go to the beach or play golf?" What a difference a year makes! We were blessed then and we are incredibly blessed now.

With cooler temperatures on the way, I can now go back to running in the mornings (something I haven't done since the girls came home).
I can even take them with me in my jogging stroller that has yet to be used. I'm very much looking forward to spending time with the girls outdoors. Unfortunately, the only thing that they've experienced outside so far is the pool. I can't wait to take them to the park and playground. It's funny, the few times that they have been on grass, they aren't quite sure what to make of its prickly texture. :)

We have a busy fall planned ahead of us. Gosh, before you know it, the holidays will be here. Tomorrow is another big day. We have the last of our post-placement visits! More on that as the week continues...
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -