Summer Solstice

21 June 2007

The girls in the garden.

Looking at the flowers.

In the United States and the rest of the northern hemisphere, today is the first day of the summer season. It's the day of the year when the sun is farthest north, otherwise known as the Summer Solstice. Of course, where we live, it's been warm for a couple of months now. The last few weeks have even brought temps in the low 100's. We'll see how I survive my first summer in the desert. So far though, I have to say, I'm loving it! People ask us if we miss the beach and so far, our answer is no. Ask us again though, at the end of the summer. :) We certainly don't miss all the traffic and people in the city. After living in a big city for pretty much all my life, it's relaxing to be in this smaller resort community.

They say that you get used to your surroundings and climate. I've already learned to do my errands in the morning and be in my air-conditioned home by noon. Luckily, the heat here is dry and not humid like other parts of the country. I won't be playing any golf this summer (not like I have been lately anyway) because I'm a fair-weathered player, a.k.a "wuss" when it comes to playing in the heat. I don't need anything else to get in the way of my game. We are thoroughly enjoying our pool. The pool temp has been in the high 80's and that's just perfect for us (again, the "wuss" factor). The days seem to just fly by. Sometimes, I don't know where the weeks go. I can't believe it's almost July! Our daughters have been delightful, to say the least. There are so many great moments throughout the day. Lately, they've been making each other laugh hysterically and it's been so funny to watch.

Our summer plans are shaping up and we look forward to having lots of friends and family visit. We also have two family weddings to attend this summer. The first is Morgan's cousin's up in the Paso Robles area of central California and the other is my brother's over Labor Day weekend in Orange County. In addition, Morgan and I will be taking our first overnight trip on our own to Laguna Beach in early August. Grandma and Grandpa will get to spoil... I mean, spend some quality time with the girls. :) Happy Summer, everyone!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -