Our Story

09 July 2006

We met back in October of '94 at a week long business conference. Even though Morgan sat right behind me during that whole week, it took him until the very last day to actually say something more than "good morning" to me. We worked for the same company but I lived in Los Angeles and he lived in Bakersfield. Most of our friendship was built gradually over the phone.
I only saw him once or twice a year at most. We often talked about business practices, ideas, and eventually more personal stuff like family, hobbies, and relationships.

There was always an easiness about our friendship.
I liked the fact that he knew how to laugh at himself. He was ambitious and smart yet humble and sincere. When we met, we were both in serious relationships with other people so our friendship was strictly platonic. Then in '98, Morgan broke up with his girlfriend of several years and decided to make the move to LA in order to pursue a better career path.

At the end of '98 I had just gotten engaged and was getting ready to move to San Diego with my fiance. After being engaged for 4 months, planning a wedding, and living down south, I made a decision that would change the course of my life. I broke off the engagement and ended that 5 year relationship. I just couldn't go through with the marriage. It was the hardest thing I'd ever had to do but once I did it, I had no regrets and knew it was right.

For about 6 months during that time, Morgan & I didn't really talk. He was busy with his new job in LA, meeting friends and adjusting to a new city. We reconnected in the middle of '99 and to his surprise I was no longer getting married! For the first time since we knew each other, we were both single. This does not mean however, that I was ready to date him! I had never thought of him that way and I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had. Infact, it took me a while to come to my senses. I finally said, "Why not date him?" I knew everything about him. He was a man of rare character and integrity, he was sweet, he enjoyed all the things I did, and we had built this great friendship. Not to mention for the first time, I realized he was very attractive (I know, crazy huh?)! Well, as they say... the rest is history. I moved back to LA after 7 months of long distance dating. We were married in October of 2001 near our home in Malibu. I thank God for him everyday. He is the love of my life and the best husband and friend I could have ever hoped for.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -