Thanksgiving and Birthday

09 December 2017

I'm finally getting the chance to blog about Thanksgiving. This year, Morgan's birthday landed on Thanksgiving Day so we had extra reason to celebrate and be thankful. 

I started the morning early with a sunrise hike to the cross with my Jilly.
I couldn't be more thankful for this sweet friend of mine!


I came home to find him putting up Christmas lights.


My family arrived around noon and the guys were trying to master the Rubik's cube.


Kylie is getting so big!


 Faith presented her Apologetics speech.👍


 Zach has been learning from his sisters and he always likes to present, too.
Madi is accompanying him on the xylophone. 😂


 Grace got in some practice and gave her speech, too. 👏


After lunch and playing a bit, it was time for dessert.


The birthday boy had a special cake!
He requested Red Velvet and our dear Jill was so kind to make him one for his birthday.


 Happy birthday, daddy!
We love you so much and we're so THANKFUL to God for you. 💝


Hands down. THE BEST RED VELVET CAKE EVER.
I'm usually partial to pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving but after having Jill's cake, 
pumpkin pie had to take a back seat (until the next day). 😄
  

 Surrounded by beauties. Not the best quality picture but my mom is still glowing at 74!  


We had a heat wave come through that day so it ended up being 90 on Thanksgiving. Hence, the shorts. That evening, we checked out all the decorations that were going up in our neighborhood.


This is at our front gate. Zach HAD to touch the lights. 😊

I did most of the cooking the day before so I could just relax and not be in the kitchen on Thanksgiving day. The turkey came out moist and all the food was wonderful but the best part of the day was just being together and spending time as a family. We have so much to be thankful for this year!  



2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -