Meal Plan Week #12

05 December 2016



This was the stand out from last week:

Oven Baked Pork Tacos.

This is basically what they look like before we top them with our favorite fixin's like guacamole and pico de gallo. It's no secret, we LOVE our tacos in this family and we can easily have them once a week! We like them all: chicken, fish, pork, or beef. Typically, for years, we've eaten them on soft corn tortillas but lately, we've been OVEN BAKING them and the family always raves about them!
We use the Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Shells. They work perfectly for any kind of tacos. Just stuff them with your favorite meat and cheese and bake them at 425 for 12 minutes. It's like having tacos and chips, all in one! Plus, I like the portion control it gives us. The girls and I typically have 2 each while Morgan eats three. Zach might have one. They save in the fridge really well, too! Sometimes, I'll have leftovers for lunch the next day. They are super yummy and a twist on tacos for the fall and winter months when you don't mind turning on the oven. If you haven't baked your tacos recently, give it a try!  

Tip: Depending on the meat I'm using and how "wet" it is, I'll put refried beans on the bottom layer so the shells won't get soggy. Either way though, they come out delicious!
#weloveourtacos #weloveourmexicanfood

Meal Plan Week #12
  • Tamales!!
  • Sausage and Corn Chowder
  • BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
  • Japanese Fried Rice
  • Pizza

I get not one, but TWO free days of cooking this week with our tamales from the festival and pizza from Winco on Friday. I'm cooking for a crowd over the weekend so pizza on Friday is an easy treat!
And hey, it's December, so I'll take any help I can get! 😛



2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -