Mother/Daughter Winter Tea

11 December 2014

Winter Tea 02
Last week, we left the boys at home and the girls and I got to share some Mother/Daughter time at our church’s Winter Tea.
My girls absolutely LOVE anything that has to do with a tea. What’s not to love for the young and not-so-young woman, right? Getting all dressed up and eating fancy finger foods? Um… yes, please!! 

Winter Tea 01
We ate, we visited, we sang, and we listened to a thought provoking message by one of our Pastor’s wives.
That evening, I also had the great joy and privilege of praying a blessing over my precious daughters.
It seems just like yesterday, they were sitting in their high chairs, trying to figure out how to stuff a whole handful of Cheerios in their mouths. Some days, it feels like someone’s pushed the fast forward button and I’m simply asking,
Can someone please please push pause?”
How quickly these 8 years have flown by. This was an evening event so I’m not gonna lie, I totally had to rally myself. It’s not that I didn’t want to go or that I wasn’t looking forward to it for weeks. It just means that in this season of my life, by the end of a weekday, I’m usually pretty tired. However, in a way, I feel like I could blink and my girls could be driving soon! In other words, I have a feeling the next 8 years will zoom by even faster.
And you know what? I don’t want to miss it. I want to be intentional about spending quality time with my kids and do things they love while pointing them to Christ and investing in their hearts. Lord willing, there will be many more teas to enjoy with my little-big girls! I am truly so humbled and blessed to be their mama. They make me stronger, yet weak, and more reliant on the One whose grace abounds.
May they always know their worth and Who it is they belong to.
“Our daughters will be like pillars, carved to adorn a palace.” ~Psalm 144:12 
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -