Sweet Somethings

06 December 2013

early gifts 013
In the wee hours of the morning, I can’t help but smile as I walk past our Christmas tree. Each day, a new little something seems to appear underneath it. As of this moment, these are the only presents under our tree. In the last week or so, I’ve had more than the usual requests for tape, boxes, bags, and the permission to use the special “gold” sharpie. All the while, I’ve heard the delightful sound of joyful giggles and crinkling paper.
Their anticipation of our exuberant pleasure mounts upon itself with each new gift that’s wrapped and thoughtfully placed under the tree.
Okay, I have to admit, although I didn’t peek at any of the gifts, I did shake the little box this morning. I had to laugh. It sounded a bit like, like… a handful of pebbles. :)
I can’t wait till Christmas morning where I’ll get to fully express my heartfelt joy, gratitude (and surprise!) by opening my sweet little somethings, from my sweet little somethings.
I marvel at how the Lord often teaches my children in spite of me, rather than because of me.
And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ~Acts 20:35
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -