Thanksgiving 2013

29 November 2013

Jordan Thanksgiving 002

My little helper in the kitchen.

 

02

 

03

The girls with Gomo Halmoni.

 

04

 

05

Sweet cousins.

 

06

Cheers to festive holiday drinks!

{Cranberry juice, spiced apple cider, and a splash of ginger ale}

 

07

My dear parents.

 

09

 

08

So excited about Emily expecting #3!

 

10

Batter up!

 

11

Play Ball!

 

12

Uncle Rich and his girls.

 

13

Giving Halmoni some love.

 

14

 

15

 

16

 

17

This year, I got a head start on the turkey by following my mother-in-law’s lead from last year. I actually cooked my 20 pound bird the day before. I have to say, this makes Thanksgiving Day SO MUCH EASIER. Once cooked, I sliced it up and saved it in its juices. This also gives me time to separate the bones for future soup stock and clean up everything that has to do with the turkey. Done!

The next day, I simply re-heat the turkey in an electric skillet (with its juices). It makes the turkey so MOIST and super yummy! (Thanks, Mom!)

Sure, you don’t get the presentation of the whole turkey at dinner time but you do get a nice platter of sliced, hot, delicious turkey. Yes, that works for me! I also made a couple of the casseroles the day before so Thanksgiving Day left me more time to relax and enjoy. Despite the photos of me in the kitchen, I actually had moments where I sat on the couch and visited. Overall, a very easy Thanksgiving!

More important than the traditional home-cooked meal and festivities, Thanksgiving is but a simple time to reflect and remember all that God has blessed us with and brought us through. With my dad being sick this year, it just makes this Thanksgiving that much more special.

What a joy to see the kids all growing up so fast. They were all so very helpful, too! Lord willing, we look forward to many more little hands helping in the kitchen each year.

Happy Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." ~Psalm 100:4-5

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -