Chicken Gyros

10 July 2013

Chicken gyros 017A

Chicken gyros 001A
These are so tasty!

Chicken gyros 007A

Chicken gyros 013A

Chicken gyros 018A

Chicken gyros 031A
“Take a picture of me eating my yummy gyro, mama.”
I’ve always loved Greek and Mediterranean food. The salads, the feta, the gyros, EVERYTHING.
I found this easy marinade for chicken gyros (pronounced Yeer-oh) and have since, made it twice in the last two weeks!
This makes a fabulous lunch or dinner. It’s especially nice in the summer because of the crisp cool veggies and the creamy tzatziki (a yogurt based sauce made from cucumbers, garlic, lemon, and herbs).
The funny thing is, my husband typically does NOT like anything yogurt based (well, except frozen yogurt) but he loved this dish and even piled on the tzatziki sauce. It just goes so well together!
A new family favorite!
Chicken Gyros
  • 3-4 chicken breasts (I butterfly them for faster grilling)
  • 6-8 garlic cloves minced
  • 2 heaping Tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 T oregano
  • 1 fresh squeezed lemon
  • 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 T EV Olive Oil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
  • add’l salt & pepper
Directions:
    1. salt & pepper chicken breasts before coating in marinade.
    2. mix all the ingredients in medium bowl and whisk together.
    3. coat the chicken in marinade for at least 1 hour, several hours is best.
    4. grill chicken for maximum flavor.
    5. slice chicken and serve immediately on top of warm pitas or flatbread.
Topping Suggestions: diced tomatoes, sliced red onion, lettuce, diced cucumber, crumbled feta cheese and tzatziti sauce.
*I bought my tzatziti sauce at TJ’s but next time, I’ll try making my own.
Try this recipe, I promise you’ll love it. It’s sort of like making summery Greek tacos… OPA!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -