Shrimp Scampi

23 April 2013

April 046A
The basic ingredients…

April 051
Use a medium onion and as much garlic as you want. 

April 053
About 3 T butter and 2 T EVOO.

April 056

April 060

April 068

April 074

April 077
Add a little dry white wine…

April 081
Squeeze in your lemons, salt and pepper.

April 083
Toss the al dente spaghetti straight into the pan to sop up all those yummy juices.

April 086
Sprinkle with Italian parsley.  (Not pictured: I also added quite a few dashes of hot sauce). 
Last week, I was looking for a quick and easy alternative to chicken or fish during the week and this shrimp scampi was it!  Usually, with shrimp, I’d make shrimp tacos but I wanted to switch it up a bit.
Plus, I had a little leftover Chardonnay from a party and unfortunately, I can’t drink Chardonnay.
I wish I could (especially in the summer) but sadly, it makes for awful breakouts.
Anyhoo, I really love how quickly this dish comes together. It literally takes about 15- 20 minutes from start to finish- and that includes the chopping prep. That’s my kind of dinner!  
Top with parmesan cheese and serve with a side salad or crusty bread. 
This will definitely be making the rounds as a quick weekday meal during our hot summer months. 
Bonus: The kids really enjoyed it, too!    
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -