Fun Ice Cream Pops

26 April 2013

Ice Cream Pops 007
What’s this you ask?  I know, it’s not often I have these kinds of sweets in my house.
However, I do realize I live with 3 people who love this kinda stuff!

So, every once in a while (just to surprise them), I’ll make them something totally unexpected.
And FUN!!  And as it turns out, something the kids could create, all on their own.

Ice Cream Pops 012
First, the girls beat up some oreo cookies and mini m&m’s in a ziplock bag.

Ice Cream Pops 015
Then they used 3 oz. dixie cups and filled the bottoms. Any size would work.  This is what I had and it’s actually the perfect little size.

Ice Cream Pops 019
We opted to keep the theme going with Cookies & Cream Ice Cream.

Ice Cream Pops 025
After filling the bottoms of the cups, we had some leftover cookie mix so we just put some ice cream in there and mixed that all up.

Ice Cream Pops 028
Insert a popsicle stick down the middle.

Ice Cream Pops 029
And now they’re ready to freeze!
Overnight works best but if you absolutely can’t wait… freeze for a min. of 3 hours!

Ice Cream Pops 034
Here’s a close up.

Ice Cream Pops 035
The moral of the story: Love sometimes does mean a fun ice cream pop. :)
I got this idea from the Pioneer Woman but I used different ingredients. The beauty about this fun treat is you can use whatever your kids like!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -