The $11 dress

14 November 2012

dress

This little number is a Banana Republic mini that apparently retails for $300.  I stumbled upon it while thrifting a couple of months ago.  At the time, I had no idea where I would ever wear such a dress. 

I mean, come on… it’s not as if I have many black tie affairs on my calendar. :)

Nevertheless, it fit and it was quite the bargain.  Besides, every girl should have a fabulous dress with a story to match, right?  OK, maybe not.  Maybe shiny things just make me happy.

Fast forward a month later… “Hey, why not make an excuse to wear the shiny dress?”

My husband happens to really love wearing his tuxedo.  He also happens to be turning 50 this month.  Can you believe it??  50!!

So, what was the excuse to get all snazzied up? 

LOVE, friends. 

Classic, timeless, and true LOVE.

I can’t think of a better reason to get dolled up.  Can you? 

maxandpoppy-33

 

 

maxandpoppy-8A

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

maxandpoppy-2A

 

 

maxandpoppy-7A

 

 

  maxandpoppy-11A

 

 

 maxandpoppy-12A

These two always steal the show. :)

 

maxandpoppy-15

Seriously handsome… move over, James Bond. :) 

 

maxandpoppy-16A

All MINE.

 

 maxandpoppy-18

 

 maxandpoppy-26

 

 

maxandpoppy-20A

 

 

maxandpoppy-23A

 

 

maxandpoppy-25A

 

 

maxandpoppy-24A

 

 

maxandpoppy-28A

 

 maxandpoppy-29

 

maxandpoppy-30A

 

 

  maxandpoppy-31

 

 maxandpoppy-32

Although the $11 dress was the inspiration behind the photo shoot, the main purpose was to get some timeless pictures of my husband for his birthday. Thank you to Katie of Max & Poppy for nailing that.  Yes, I agree with you, Katie… he should wear a tux every day. :) 

Keep it Real Moment: As for me, I came to the conclusion that vanity is really… exhausting.  Although the photo shoot part of it was fun, the actually prep of it all is a lot of work.  

I’m back in my stretchy pants and lovin’ it. Ha! :)   

There were 2 other photos that I absolutely loved but I’m keeping those a secret since we’ll be using them for our Christmas cards this year.  Christmas??  Already?!!  My, how time flies…

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -