Zucchini Raisin Walnut Bread {Oil-free & Vegan}

17 September 2012


























 The cinnamon streusel topping...




Dense and moist, with just enough sweetness and crunch from the raisins and walnuts.

The girls wanted me to make zucchini bread with the giant zuk we received from my girlfriend, Melissa.

Have I mentioned that baking is not really my thing?

However, I was determined to try.

I've been loving this new vegan blog called Oh She Glows.  Every recipe I've made from it so far has been delicious.  Plus, I love being inspired by her beautiful pictures!

I'm learning a lot about healthy and natural substitutes.  For example, this was the first time I used spelt flour and it was yummy.

The girls and I really enjoyed this satisfying loaf, slathered with a little Earth Balance, of course. :)

With the nutmeg and cinnamon, it even smelled a little like fall in my house this weekend!

(I tweaked the recipe by adding agave instead of organic cane sugar.  I think that's why mine came out a little more moist.  I also baked mine for about an hour at 375, instead of 400).

Enjoy!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -