A Love That Protects

21 May 2012

date night 002C

Morgan and I got to go on a long overdue date night this weekend while the girls spent an overnight with Grandma & Grandpa.  We had so much fun hanging out at a local resort and feeling like we were on vacation.

One thought came to mind as I soaked in all the attention and affection from my husband…

I’m so grateful he is my Protector.  Always has been. 

He is the trusted keeper and tender guardian of my hopes, my dreams, my fears, my failures.  He’s knows everything about me and he faithfully protects me, sometimes from myself. 

I’m not the 24 year-old that he first fell smitten with almost 18 years ago. “No, you’re better,” he says. 

(See, he’s a keeper!) 

He thinks I’m beautiful, inside and out.  Not just on date night but every night.  When my hair’s in a scraggly pony tail, when I haven’t taken a shower all day, and when I have absolutely no make up on. 

He still thinks I’m beautiful.   

I love this man, this rare, good, and true gentle man.  He is the valiant protector of my heart.  He speaks truth into my life when I need to hear it and yet he’s my biggest encourager, too.  He has always always made me feel safe, worthy, beautiful, and smart.  

In fact, I often think, “What did I do to deserve him?”  And then I remember, he is my daily reminder of the graciousness of God.

I am one blessed woman.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. ~1 Corinthians 13:4-7 

kathoneil27 said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -