spring garden

05 March 2012


I’ll admit it.  I’m a wanna-be gardener.  The only problem is, I lack a green thumb. 
However, I do dream of providing my family with freshly grown organic veggies.  And now, I have the perfect space in my backyard for a little garden. 
So off to Home Depot we went.  The girls and I talked with Jose, who was very knowledgeable, and patient.
Notice I didn’t start from seeds.  I have no patience for seeds. 
What can I say?  This wanna-be wants to see some early encouragement for her efforts. 
I joyfully spent the morning tilling, planting, watering and fussing.  And now, I wait…
and tend…… and wait…… and dream. 
I dream of vine ripened tomatoes, sweet red peppers, meaty zucchini, glorious herbs, and the best watermelon I ever tasted in my life. 
Dreaming, you say? 
Maybe.
But it never hurts to dream. 
RitzFamily said...

I always forget to water. :) Brandon installed a dripper system for me last year. Magically my fruits and veggies survived. Good luck!

Hailey said...

Awhhh. . . don't all our dreams start out like wanna-be dreams? I love it! You're going to learn so much and next year I can see you planting seeds! can't wait to see it.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -