The dish ran away with the spoon

28 February 2012

I haven’t the faintest idea where some of my spoons have gone.  For the last couple of months, I’ve been missing some of my everyday spoons.  You know, the ones you use for just about everything?  My new kitchen is about a third of the size it once was.  I don’t have the cupboard space anymore to store the countless dishes, stemware and platters like I used to.  Bye bye walk-in pantry.

But you know what?  It’s all good.  My new kitchen is sweet.  I’m seeking a more simple, useful, and unencumbered life  and my new kitchen reflects just that.  

Back to my spoon problem.  When we moved in, rather than go out and buy new silverware, I decided to use what I had. 

Novel idea, I know.

Meet my Vintage Jewel Lennox spoon. 

It’s part of my china collection.  Like most people, I used my wedding china on special occasions and holidays.  Well, you know what?  I decided that this very day was a special day.  And furthermore, everyday thereafter was special enough, too. 

In fact, rather than just adding a few new spoons to our everyday silverware, I ended up replacing all of it with my “fancy” stuff.

It was actually quite liberating.  Life is too short to wait for a special occasion, isn’t it?  Each day is a gift, special in its own way and meant to be celebrated, cherished and enjoyed. 

Besides, I don’t want my children to look back and think, “Mom only used those dishes twice a year.”  I want my children to see that mom really lived and that I didn’t hold anything back, but tried my best to live this day, this life, to its fullest.

So now I gratefully eat my morning cereal in a plain white bowl, with my Vintage Jewel spoon…  And you know what? 

My cereal has never tasted better.

RitzFamily said...

I love it!

Hailey said...

Love it!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -