I’m back…

28 December 2011

On Facebook, that is.  It’s something I’ve been thinking and praying about for a couple of months now.  There are various reasons why I chose to reactivate my account but what it comes down to is maturity and responsibility.  In many ways, I feel like I’ve matured in the last 8 months.  I know it sounds funny coming from a grown, 41 year-old woman but it’s true.  No matter what age I am, I’m always striving to grow and mature spiritually.  When I decided to leave Facebook back in March, I truly felt like I needed to step away and take a break.  I was allowing it to take the focus off my priorities and place them on things that didn’t matter eternally.  When I think back on it now, it’s rather humbling. 

I also feel like I have the responsibility to share the love of Christ with others.  All Christians do, really.  In fact, it’s a privilege.  Some folks do it rather well within their own comfy circles.  Through my bible study and other books I’ve been reading, I feel like God is calling me to shine my light brightly and make a difference in the world around me.   

He’s been working on me.  He’s calling me to live my faith out loud.  He’s calling me to be more bold (in love) for Him.  He’s asking me to be obedient-  even when it’s difficult or when I can’t see the way- and even when the outcome doesn’t end up like I had hoped it would be. 

Hearing, obeying, submitting and trusting… that’s what maturity is all about, right?  I’m so grateful for all the countless opportunities He gives me. 

It’s practically a New Year so I can’t think of a better time to start anew.  As a family, we have some exciting changes on our horizon.  More than ever before, we are joyfully trusting in the Lord and His plans for us.  Going back to Facebook allows me to be  witness to a broader audience.  It allows me to share the gospel and testify to God’s goodness, mercy and faithfulness.  Who knows?  The Lord may give me the opportunity to influence one person in a positive way, for Him.  This time around, Facebook will be used as a tool- less about me and more about the grace and goodness of God.  And if, perhaps it starts to sway the other way again, I’ll simply have to impose another self-check. (smile) 

The bottom line: Jesus has not yet returned because God does not want any to perish.  He wants everyone to hear, know, repent and trust in the Savior.  ~2 Peter 3:9 

My responsibility is much like the farmer in the Parable of the Sower (Luke 8:1).  My job is to scatter the seeds... God, in His perfect timing , will take care of the harvest. 

In the end, it came down to one question for me…  Did I avoid the challenges that came my way or with God’s guidance, did I do all that I could (in my little corner of the world and cyberspace), to encourage others and point them to the Lord and His word?  I’m praying He gives me the courage to do just that. 

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.” ~Hebrews 12:1-2

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -