Christmas Menu

22 December 2011

Pinned Image
Can you believe it?  It’s almost Christmas!  I’ve made my list and checked it twice…  My grocery list, that is!
This year, I’m hosting dinner on Friday, the 23rd and then brunch on Christmas Day. 
My goal is to keep it simple.  I want good food with less frill (without compromising flavor or quality, of course). 
Here’s what I came up with…
~Dinner Menu~

Filet mignons with grilled asparagus and baked potatoes.  You can’t go wrong with a classic steakhouse meal!
If time permits, I may also make a peppercorn sauce for the steaks.  We’ll see…

Pinned Image
My holiday salad- mixed greens, pear, gorgonzola, and pomegranate seeds (I’m using dried cranberries), tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette.  Fresh and delicious, any time of year!

Angel food cake with tossed berries
For dessert…  a simple Angel Food Cake with mixed berries.  Whipped cream is a must!

   ~Brunch Menu~
Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Crock Pot Breakfast Burritos- I’m doing a variation of these from a recipe I got from a girlfriend.  The best part-  I put it all together the night before!  Make your own burritos, topped with shredded cheddar cheese and pico de gallo.  Ole!

Pinned Image
Blueberry Breakfast Cake- It’s made with buttermilk so you know it’ll be moist and delicious!  It’s also the only thing I plan to cook in my oven on Christmas morning.

Pinned Image
Homemade granola-  I’m making batches of this as I type right now (this recipe was also shared from a girlfriend).
Contains lots of fiber, nuts, dried fruit and flax seed. 
And the cinnamon smells divine!  So good with milk, yogurt, or all by itself.
Round off brunch with some OJ and a bowl full of fresh berries and fruit… DONE! 
Pretty simple, right?
This year, the plan is to fret less, keep it simple,
and spend more time soaking in the Spirit of Christmas with the ones we love!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -