Mayflower

23 November 2011

Mayflower 005AMayflower 007A

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Mayflower sailed from England to America on a grueling 66 day journey, landing at Plymouth Rock in the autumn of 1620. 

We’ve spent some time reading all about the first Thanksgiving this week.  After searching the library for a factual book on Thanksgiving, our choices were slim.  Nothing seemed meaty enough or particularly accurate.  I finally found a story online that was detailed enough for the girls, while still remaining true to fact.  The girls thoroughly enjoyed learning all about the first Thanksgiving!  I think we all have a greater understanding of why we give thanks and WHO we give it to! 

We also made a couple of art projects based on our reading.  I think their Mayflowers turned out great!  I especially like how they made the sea so stormy.  I’ll post the second art project tomorrow.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -