Happy Halloween {from Santa Barbara!}

02 November 2011

Santa Barbara 136

Our sweet little lambs.

 

Santa Barbara 134A

The shepherd and his flock (smile).

 

Santa Barbara 129A

Trick or treating on State Street.

 

Santa Barbara 138

The shepherd never loses sight of his sheep.

 

Santa Barbara 140

 

 

Santa Barbara 144

 

 

Santa Barbara 152

Inventory break.

 

Santa Barbara 157A

 

 

Santa Barbara 159A

 

 

Santa Barbara 163

 

 

Santa Barbara 162

Even the bike taxi was dressed up!

 

Santa Barbara 165

Riding the downtown shuttle.

 

Santa Barbara 169Santa Barbara 170

I love this next series of pictures with daddy and Grace… 

 

Santa Barbara 171

Pretending like he swallowed some fuzz (a.k.a Lamb’s wool).

 

Santa Barbara 172

 

 

Santa Barbara 173

What’s a flock of sheep to do when their shepherd has to attend a 2 day business trip in Santa Barbara that takes place over Halloween?  We follow, of course!

Plus, Morgan was staying in a hotel, a block from the beach.  Um… darn RIGHT, we follow!

Trick or treating was a first for the girls and they LOVED it!  We walked up and down State Street where many of the businesses passed out candy.  It was so cute to see the girls take inventory of their goodies, exchange pieces with one another, and do some sampling along the way.  Our tired hooves eventually found our way to some tasty Mexican food to cap off our super fun night!

This was my first year making our costumes and if you would’ve asked me while I was doing it, I would have said, “NEVER AGAIN.”  Oh, wait, I did say that!  Many times in the 10-12 hours that it took me to complete 3 lamb costumes. 

Did I mention that I don’t sew?

You know what though?  I should know by now...  never say NEVER.  We had SO MUCH FUN with our family costumes!!  Nothing beats a homemade costume, right?  Besides, half way through trick or treating, one of my lambs joyfully said to me , “I love my costume, mama.”  I have to admit… that made it all worth it (smile). 

Although we missed our friends, Halloween in Santa Barbara was a BLAST!

Santa Barbara is undoubtedly one of my favorite places but no matter where we are, as long as we’re together, it’s always- exactly where we want to be.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -