Sunday Supper

13 September 2011

Sunday Supper 096A
Ah, comfort food.  And the fact that it’s made with sausage?  Even better!  I made this on Sunday, hence the ultra original name.  Have I told you how much I love sausage?         

Sunday Supper 002A
The cast of veggies- carrots, celery, fennel, red bell pepper, onion, Yukon Gold potatoes, and garlic.

Sunday Supper 004A
If you have a big mouth like me, chop veggies into bigger than bite size pieces.  I like the rustic look. 
Ok, bite size pieces will work, too.
 
Sunday Supper 012
Season the veggies with herbs, garlic, EVOO and chicken broth. 

Sunday Supper 013
I just put everything in a small jar and shake it up. 

Sunday Supper 032
Pour over veggies and toss to coat.  Also add a generous amount of salt and cracked pepper. 
Bake at 450 for 45 mins. or until fork tender.

Sunday Supper 049ASunday Supper 056A
In the meantime, brown up some sausage in a pan.  I used turkey sausage (2 hot + 2 sweet links). 

Sunday Supper 065A
You don’t have to cook them the whole way through.   

Sunday Supper 067A
Place sausage into the veggie pan with 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar.  Toss together and roast for another 10-15 mins.   

Sunday Supper 077A
After 5 mins. or so, spoon some of the juices on the bottom over the sausage links.  Gorgeous!
  
Sunday Supper 096A
And there you have it.  Hearty, wholesome, delicious, and healthy comfort food. 
Sundays rock. 
RitzFamily said...

Oh my goodness was this dish ah-maz-ing! I had all the ingredients on hand and nothing planned for dinner. We will be eating this dish quite often through our cooler months. The flavors were amazing. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Catherine said...

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, girl! Aren't the flavors interesting? Surprisingly fresh yet still very comforting. A perfect fall/winter supper. :)

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -