Chicken Piccata

19 September 2011

Chicken Piccata 030
I made this a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic!  Another easy meal that comes together in a jiffy. 
If you like lemony flavors like me, this one’s for you! 

Chicken Piccata 001
Start by slicing a chicken breast in half, lengthwise.  Season with salt and pepper.
I only used one chicken breast.  The girls happily had left-overs that night so I was making this for 2. 

Chicken Piccata 006
Dredge with flour on both sides…

Chicken Piccata 008
Put a little butter and EVOO in a sauté pan.

Chicken Piccata 011
Cook chicken for about 3 mins. per side, until golden brown.

Chicken Piccata 018
Like this.

Chicken Piccata 016
Remove the chicken from pan and add these ingredients for a quick sauce.

Chicken Piccata 033
In a couple of minutes, it should look a little something like this. 

Chicken Piccata 046
This dish met all of my requirements- fast, easy, and delicious!  I really enjoyed it and so did my hubby (minus the capers).  Funny, I never really liked capers until about a year ago. Now I can’t get enough of the tangy little buds! 
In my opinion, the capers make the dish (and it’s not a true piccata without them) but sure, you could leave them out. 
Either way, totally tasty! 
*Recipe adapted from Giada’s Chicken Piccata
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -