Caprese Salad

07 September 2011

Caprese Salad 031
I’ve always loved a simple summer Caprese Salad (literally, a salad from Capri), which I hope to visit one day!
 
Caprese Salad 030
Fresh whole mozzarella, vine ripe tomatoes, and basil. 

Caprese Salad 031
I made this the other day as a request from Faith.  The funny thing is, she doesn’t really care for fresh tomatoes or basil but she loves this salad.  It must be the combo of flavors and textures. 
I don’t know…  and to tell you the truth, it doesn’t matter.  I’m just happy she likes it! 
Some folks add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar (which I like, too) but my family prefers it more simple-  just olive oil, salt and pepper.  Easy peasy!

Caprese Salad 078
And, if you have any fresh mozzarella left, you can make your family a tasty smoked ham and cheese panini for lunch. 
You can’t beat that gooey and stretchy cheese factor.  Fun for all ages!  
RitzFamily said...

The salad looks divine! It's going on the menu this next week. I'm just hoping my non-tomato eaters will love the combo. ;) Thanks for sharing Cat!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -