9/11 Salute to Heroes 5K

11 September 2011

9-11 5K 003

 

9-11 5K 014

 

9-11 5K 004

 

9-11 5K 002

Almost ready!

 

9-11 5K 016A

 

9-11 5K 019A

 

9-11 5K 012

Where’s mommy?

 

9-11 5K 020

There she is!  “Go, mommy!”

 

9-11 5K 023A

Finished!!! 

With sweat dripping down my red face and my family there to support me, I DID IT!!

We spent the morning in Palm Springs, commemorating the 10th Anniversary of 9/11. 

I found out about this event on Thursday.  Ever since Morgan and I finished P90X (3 weeks ago), I found a new running route that I’ve been happy with.  I’ve been enjoying my morning runs with new vigor!  So much so that I wanted to shoot for another 5K before the end of the year.  I had no idea I’d be running this soon (particularly in the heat).

I felt like my body could do it but I took some time to pray for clarity and courage.  On the last day to register (Friday), I ended up kicking my inner doubts to the curb!  

I showed up this morning with no expectation, other than I simply wanted to finish without injury.  I ended up finishing only a couple of minutes behind the Fire Dept.   Yes, I know they had heavy gear on! 

It was a GREAT experience!  My body feels good and my spirit feels even better.

I run- not for speed, distance, or time… 

I run simply because I CAN.

(And believe me, if I can do it, anyone can!) 

Hailey said...

so proud of you friend!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -