Grilled Vegetable Parmesan

26 August 2011

grilled veggie parm 085
One of the things I always miss most when summer fades is the variety of yummy seasonal fruits and veggies. Lately, I can’t seem to get enough zucchini or yellow squash. I snack on at least one a day (usually sliced and sauteed with some garlic and olive oil). Here’s a delectable baked dish where I combine some of my favorite veggies.
You have to give this a try! It’s a fabulous side dish… or even a main dish!

Grilled Veggie Parm 003A
The colorful stars…

Grilled Veggie Parm 005A
Slice veggies lengthwise then drizzle with EVOO and salt & pepper.

Grilled Veggie Parm 013A
My grill pan was a Christmas gift a few years back and I LOVE IT.  Especially when it’s 111 outside (or when the Grillmaster is busy in his office working).

Grilled Veggie Parm 014A
Fennel- another of of my favorite veggies!  SO GOOD- raw or grilled! 

Grilled Veggie Parm 018
Layer in a 9x12 baking dish (just like lasagna), start with the sauce on the bottom and add cheese along the way.   

Grilled Veggie Parm 026A
I used grated parmesan, reduced fat shredded mozzarella, and a good jar of marinara sauce.

Grilled Veggie Parm 032A
Top with both cheeses and cover with plain bread crumbs.  Then drizzle with EVOO for a crispy top.
Bake at 375 for 30-35 mins.
 
Grilled Veggie Parm 041A
Obviously, I’m no photographer and the picture does NOT do this justice… 
However, let me assure you, this dish is just straight up, AMAZING. 
The flavor of the grilled veggies in all their juices, plus the crispy gooey top… 
… even the left-overs are equally scrumptious!   
Mama says, “Eat Your Veggies!” Winking smile
*adapted from Giada’s Vegetable Parmesan.
Kari said...

This looks amazing and so delicious. Now, I am hungry =)

Hailey said...

Can't wait to try it! AND . . . I had a blast catching up on your blog since we've been on vacay.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -