Done!

17 August 2011

P90X Grad

I can’t tell you how happy I am that IT’S OVER!!!  Not so much for the rigorous exercise (you kinda got used to that after a while), but more for the time commitment it demanded.  I thought the middle of August would never get here but alas, here we are.  Morgan and I finished the program on Sunday.

Well, unlike most people, I didn’t lose any weight on the program.  In fact, I gained some (hopefully, in muscle)!  Or maybe I didn’t lose any weight because I indulged a bit more over the summer like I always do?  Hmmm??

At any rate, I did receive an unexpected gift throughout this intense, long, 13 week process.

I received the gift of FREEDOM!  For the first time in my life, I felt really healthy, strong, and physically well balanced.  Feeling that way, made me care LESS about what I actually weighed or even what I looked liked.  As a woman (who has always been somewhat concerned about her weight and body image), I think that’s HUGE.  P90X  gave me the freedom and the confidence to accept, embrace, and be thankful for every part of me.  I became less critical of myself and more thankful for the new strength, energy, and attitude instead.  Now that’s a blessing!

So, what’s next? 

A 3 or 4 day maintenance routine that incorporates some of our favorite exercises from the summer as well as getting outdoors to enjoy activities with the kids each week. 

My hubby looks AMAZING and I know he feels good, too.  Great job, babe!  I’m so proud of you.  I’m proud of us!  It certainly wasn’t easy (especially on the weekends) and some days, it was just down right tough to get motivated.  But we had each other and we made it!  We look forward to a lifetime a staying healthy together!    

Spa Day, here we come!   

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -