Speak Truth

16 May 2011

truth 3Community Bible Study ends this week and our summer break begins.  We started back in September of last year and I've managed to make it to all but 2 of the 30 weeks.  More than any other church program, I feel the dedicated children’s teachers are truly there to help guide Faith and Grace’s heart toward Christ. Since this is what we strive to do at home, in many ways, CBS has been a valued compliment to our family.

Perhaps the thing I enjoy most...
We actually study the books in the bible.  In other words, it’s not a study that was written by Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, or the like. There’s no doubt these are all gifted bible teachers and authors.  They site scripture, share meaningful stories, and include valuable biblical insight.  These women (and many more) have helped me immensensly in my walk of faith. However, there's something quite awesome and intimate about studying the books of the bible directly- discovering how God speaks to each one of us through the truth of his Perfect Word.

After all, Truth is light.  Truth is power.  Jesus is The Truth.  And The Truth shall set us free. ~John 8:32

Every time I open my bible, complete a lesson, show up for class, participate by sharing, or simply listen to the heart of other women in my group, I'm allowing God to speak truth into me.

In today’s deceptive world, how else can we combat the father of lies?  How else can we know the true nature of God and what He desires for us?  How else can we be reminded about the majesty and power of God, His tender grace, and His unrelenting love? 

By being in God's Word, we not only build strength and character, we experience an increase in joy, we become more grateful, more humble, and more confident in Him.  And today, perhaps more than ever before, we need the truth in order to drown out the "noise" of everyday life. 

Well, I do anyway.

Honestly,  I wish I were better about opening up my bible on my own, but I'm not… not yet.  I like having a structured time and place.  I also enjoy the fellowship and accountability that CBS has provided. 

By studying God’s Word regularly, it has helped me to become more purposeful, focused, and simplified.  Oh, how I love that. 

I need that.

Don't you? 

Hailey said...

I need it . . . for sure. . . especially in this time of my life with not many moments to myself. Great blog friend.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -