I dare you to pray this

05 January 2011



I first saw this video from Pastor and Author Francis Chan a few months ago and to be quite honest, at the time, I wasn't comfortable about praying this prayer for my family. It was a challenge that left me feeling uneasy and vulnerable. So, what did I do? I inadvertently filed it away as, "Yeah, maybe one day." Well, wouldn't you know it? Earlier this week, I stumbled across it again, and this time, my heart and spirit were ready.

I came to the conclusion that any prayer that challenges us to be in a state of full reliance and dependence on God, (rather than anything we can accomplish of material worth), is simply a declaration of reverence and faith for the One whose provisions never fail.

Think about it? In the same way, if our children asked us to give them only what they need and nothing more, wouldn't we as parents be pleased with their contented and trusting hearts?

Oh, how I love the word of God and how it challenges us and grows us to spiritual maturity. I can't think of a better way to begin the New Year.

So, how about it? What are you praying for this New Year?

And are you willing to pray this prayer?

"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?'
Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." ~Proverbs 30:7-9
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -