Happy tears

02 January 2011

The other night, while putting the girls to bed, I experienced a sweet moment that I just wanted to savor and put in a time capsule. This was Grace's prayer...

Grace: "Lord, thank you for this wonderful day. Thank you for making us. Thank you for my mom, my dad and sis. Thank you for sending Jesus to die for our sins. Help us not to sin anymore and when we do, thank you for forgiving us. We love you, Lord.
In Jesus' name I pray, amen."

Afterwards, I immediately hear her sniffle, followed by a wipe of her eye.

I say, "What's the matter, honey?"

She says, "Oh, it's just happy tears."

(Insert the melting of mommy's heart here)

Yes, it's true, mommy has cried lots of happy tears this past year, too...
aubrey said...

wow! i have chills. yes, lock that one away in your heart forever!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -