Thankful Thursday

23 December 2010

Once again, so much to be thankful for...

I am thankful for every circumstance and situation that God gives us. I believe they are simply opportunities where we can learn to rely on and trust Him even more.

I am thankful for a fridge full of food, waiting to be enjoyed by my family, who are all arriving tomorrow morning to celebrate Christmas with us.

I am thankful for lunch with my girlfriend, Courtney. We meet at Sammy's every couple of months to catch up on life and enjoy their Chicken Caesar Salad- so yummy! Her friendship is precious to me and I am so happy that she will soon be a first-time mommy.

I am thankful that I got all my Christmas shopping done early. Man, it's a mad house out there!

I am thankful that our garage is now cleaned out and left with only the things we'll be packing for our move. :)

I am thankful for those pre-cut, store bought Christmas cookies. Not very traditional I know, but it made last minute baking a breeze and it served its purpose. The girls had fun decorating and eating them. Joyful Christmas memories were made.

I am thankful for Costco's $5 rotisserie chicken. My family would probably starve or eat very poorly without them.

I am thankful for all the American soldiers who man their posts in far away lands, while you and I get to sit in our cozy homes and celebrate Christmas with our families.

Last but not least, I am thankful for the BEST gift of all, the miracle birth of our Lord, King and Savior, Jesus Christ.

"...and He shall be called, WONDERFUL COUNSELOR, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER, PRINCE of PEACE." ~Isaiah 9:6

‎"The greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. He had no army, yet kings feared Him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today."

May you take a moment in your busy day to reflect on all that you are thankful for this Christmas season.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -