Bring on the holidays!

21 November 2010

#1 Little helper- Faith.

#2 Little helper- Grace.

Their beloved 'Little People' Nativity Set.

All dressed up!

I think they have on every piece of jewelry they own.

Our beautiful tree in the daylight.

Our fancy tree in the dining room.

My simple yet elegant Thanksgiving/Christmas tablescape.

Playing with chalk on the driveway.
Nevermind the clothes, how did they get it on their faces??

All cleaned up and ready for bed.

On Thursday afternoon, I mentioned to Morgan that I might like to start decorating for Christmas this weekend. Normally, I'd do it the weekend right after Thanksgiving but since all of Morgan's family will be here in a few days,
I thought it would be fun and festive as well as save me some time later. Before I knew it, my dear hubby had all the Christmas boxes out of the garage and into the living room on Friday morning. When the girls woke up and saw all the boxes laying around, you would've thought it WAS Christmas! They were so excited to help me decorate. They did great and only two ornaments were broken in the process. :) It took us about half the day to decorate and yes, we skipped doing school on Friday, too. Just another wonderful benefit of homeschooling, I'd say!

This year, I switched it up a bit. I put all of our traditional ornaments on the big tree in the living room and my fancy ornaments (as their called here), on the smaller tree in the dining room. The colors look great and I'm happy I made the switch. I also vowed this year to buy nothing new as far as decorations go.
I don't have a ton of decorations but I do have enough to make things nice.
I also managed to get some presents wrapped and under the tree. I'm loving the fact that I got an early start. We can simply look forward to spending time with our loved ones as well as the upcoming Advent season.

Morgan even asked me last night if I wanted him to put up the lights on the house. Huh?? I wasn't quite ready for that. :) It was windy and getting dark so I said maybe after Thanksgiving. LOVE my man.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -