Week 3 School

24 August 2010

Hooray for Pre-K!

Saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

3 things she's thankful for: her family, butterflies and the sun.

Working on English and writing skills.

Grace, hard at work.

Decorated their pencil boxes.

Story time- this was the best I could do to fit us all in.

Viv & Grace.

Look at that concentration! Working on fine motor skills.

Faith making her Emergency Phone Number necklace.

Viv's all done with hers.

They all have their daddy's cell phone # on them.

My adorable students.

Dog pile!

It's becoming a school tradition.

Lunch time: homemade mac & cheese- yum!

Princess Vivien.

All done!

"May I have more please?"

Faith washing her own dishes.

Math- counting to 50.

So proud of Grace for getting the SuperStar Student Award today!

It was my week to teach our co-op today and the day went as well as I could have hoped for! The kids have all grown so much throughout the summer and it was fun to see their development from last year. Funny, they are much more grounded at the ripe age of 4. :)

Our main activity and story today revolved around the concept of "The Lost Get Found." We talked about the lost sheep and how Jesus left the rest of His flock, just to find that one lost sheep and how He will never leave us or forsake us. We also talked about getting lost in crowded public places like amusements parks, fairs, parades, etc. We made our emergency phone number necklaces and then we role played the situation and went over how to ask someone for help.

The kids had homemade mac and cheese, nectarines, and carrots for lunch. Everyone enjoyed it and not a bite was left on their plates. Viv & Grace even asked for seconds. Gotta love the nutritious and delicious meals during co-op!

So far, I think I'll enjoy teaching more this year. I've learned to be less hurried,
I take my time, I'm easier on myself, and I'm learning to enjoy and be present in the moment. Like today, I thought I'd have plenty of time to get through my lesson plan but we ended up with one last science project that we didn't get to complete. Oh well, next time. We sure had a blast though! Thank you, LORD for little victories!

*Here's a short video from today's worship time.*


Beckie said...

Hi Catherine,
I noticed in this post you had phone numbers on necklaces. I currently live in Colorado, but i'm from the 760 and 949 area. What a trip to see such familar area codes..lol.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -