Summer Cooking Class

03 June 2010

Baked Macaroni & Cheese Cupcakes
Seasoned ground turkey, cheddar cheese, blanched broccoli, panko crumbs, parmesan, and multi-grain elbow pasta.

Filling our muffin tin.

Almost done layering.

A drizzle of olive oil on top...

Ready to bake!

Dinner is served.

A couple of my girlfriends have enrolled their kids in a summer cooking class at the Children's Discovery Museum. It looked awesome so I checked into it further but due to some prior plans (Summer Spectacular and our family vacation), we weren't able to make 2 of the 4 classes. It was also quite expensive for us. We're already enrolled in dance next month and I couldn't justify paying the $15/per child drop in rate or the $45/mo. rate x 2. I really liked the idea of the girls cooking so it got me thinking that I should just plan a weekly cooking class for the girls myself. We started today by making Baked Macaroni & Cheese Cupcakes. My goal is to have them cooking once a week as our schedule permits. Since I know I work much better with a schedule,
I found some kid friendly recipes that seem tasty and easy enough. This way,
I can just pick one and be better prepared with ingredients for the week.

All kids love to cook, right? I remember making mud pies with my brother after school. My parents both worked long hours and so we grew up as latch-key kids and spent a lot of time experimenting in the kitchen. To think that we always had the oven on and we never burnt down the house! Amazing!

Here's what's on our menu going forward...

-Baked Mac & Cheese Cupcakes- They were fun and tasty. My girls had 2 each!
-Chicken tenders with apricot sauce
-Raspberry Vanilla Smoothies
-Mini Meatball Calzones
-Chicken Tostadas
-Watermelon Star Pops
Hailey said...

Those look delish! I plan to do the same with sissy this summer - but from a cookbook for kids that someone gave us - although I might just need to steal a few of your receipie's! yummy!!

Genny said...

Those look really good! Dylan loves to cook, I might have to take up your idea as well!

Danielle said...

Looks fabulous! Faith and Grace look like they're really enjoying themselves too!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -