Mother's Day Weekend- Part 2

10 May 2010

Me and my girls.

Playing in the sand.

Our treasures.

Faith building sand castles.

Me and my man.

Grace, trying to climb a tree.

Swinging on the seaside playground.

My loves.

We spent the day at the beach for Mother's Day. I knew it was going to be kind of chilly but I didn't mind. We dressed in layers and had no intention of going into the water anyway. I simply longed to smell the salt air, feel the ocean breeze and marvel at the power and beauty of the Pacific Ocean. Plus, I knew the whole family would love it- sun or no sun. I miss living at the beach and about this time of year, my soul longs to be near the ocean. We took our time, enjoyed the scenic route, and we let ourselves dream. We collected beach treasures and fed the hungry squirrels. We packed a picnic lunch and ate at the seaside park on the bluff. We laughed and played until our heart's content. My family showered me with accolades, kisses, hugs, and prayers.
I am blessed beyond measure. It was a perfect Mother's Day.

~Faith's bedtime prayer~
"Lord, thank you for my mom. I like her. I love her very much, too. Thank you for giving me my mom. "

"God sends many beautiful things to this world, many noble gifts; but no blessing is richer than that which He bestows in a mother who has learned love's lessons well, and has realized something of the meaning of her sacred calling." ~ J.R. Miller
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -