When I grow up...

11 November 2009


This is a common phrase that's heard around our house these days. It seems like several times throughout the day, the girls are asking me if they can do something when they grow up. This applies to anything from putting on make-up to playing baseball. Last week, I thought it was cute because they told me what they wanted to be when they grow up.

Faith- "Mom, when I grow up, I'm going to play the guitar in a band. I will be on stage and you can come and watch me and clap your hands. You can be eating too. My Prince Charming will be there too but we don't know who he is yet because he's small like me. His name is Isaac."

Faith also has aspirations of being a police officer. A while ago, I explained to her that a police officer helps to protect our community and enforce the rules. She thought that was right up her alley! She enjoys enforcing the rules and giving out tickets to people who do not follow the rules. This very much suits her personality. She likes to lead, protect and organize people. She also loved the idea of riding a motorcycle with a helmet on.

Grace- "I'm going to be a mommy and make food for my family. I will take care of my baby and be a good mommy but if she doesn't obey, I have to give her a time-out."

Grace also has aspirations of being a Veterinarian. She loves animals and she is a tender nuturer at heart. She does not need to be in the spotlight, although she has no problem receiving attention.

The girls have also been talking a lot about their future husbands (I know!). They've even asked us who he's going to be. We've simply told them that God already knows who he is but we shall have to wait (a long time) to see. We know that he will be very special. They reply by saying, "Yes, he will give me a beautiful ring too and we will get married on the beach, just like mommy and daddy!" :)

At almost 3.7 years old, I thought these sweet conversations were worth documenting.

This week, I also had the privilege of witnessing a full-circle moment. The girls were playing mommy to their baby dolls and I overheard them sweetly telling their babies how they were adopted from Korea. Then they wrapped them up in blankets, held them tight, and started to comfort them because it was "cold and snowing." On that blustery winter day in Seoul, this was certainly the case when our baby girls were placed in our arms and we became a family a four.
It was such a sweet and joy-filled moment for me to be able to witness my girls reinact their adoption story. It makes me so thankful and blessed to be a stay at home mom, especially for precious moments like these.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -