Birthday Cake

23 December 2008

Mommy's little helpers.

Daddy helps pour the mix.

Watching carefully.

Teamwork!

Time to ice the cake!

Taste testers.

Fun with sprinkles.

Smiling with their finished work.

Ta-da!

This morning we set out to make a birthday cake for Jesus. My original plan was to make a two layer cake with icing in the middle, etc. but when I thought about all the other sweet treats that we were going to have on Christmas, a simple single layer cake seemed more reasonable. I don't know who I thought I was for moment there anyway? Martha Stewart?? Not! In actuality this is only about the 3rd time in my life that I've ever made a cake. Did I mention that baking is not my thing?

The girls can't wait to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and blow out all the advent candles!

The Letter 'W' said...

Beautiful cake!! teagan had cake for Jesus on sunday at BOTH services. he was galloping and skipping out to the car. yikes!! merry christmas!!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -