Never say never

03 November 2007

Date night.

Beautiful and delicious!

Yes, what you're seeing is true!

The yummy mini-creme brulee trio, compliments of Jay.

Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom were kind enough to come over and babysit last night while Morgan and I went out for a date night. We went to a hip Japanese fusion restaurant where we had some incredible sushi and the pleasure of meeting the owner, Jay, who happens to be Korean. Let me back up for a minute though... For those of you who know Morgan, you may be thinking to yourself right now, "You mean Catherine went out for sushi and Morgan probably had some chicken dish or possibly a California roll." Most of you know that he is not super adventurous when it comes to food. For the most part, in the past, he would rather stick to something he's familiar with, like steak and potatoes. I'd say that over the last couple of years, he has slowly been branching out. In fact, I can even say that he now enjoys bold, new and different flavors. Yes, folks, he has come a long way! He now even enjoys spicy food and tends to add more spice than I do! Getting back to sushi though...

A few weeks ago when celebrating our anniversary, he tried sushi for the first time. The resort we were staying at had an amazing sushi bar in the lobby. Before we headed off to have lunch at one of the restaurants there, he encouraged me to get some sushi if I wanted. Normally I'd pass, just because he'd have to sit and watch me eat sushi alone but hey, it was my anniversary and birthday so I said, why not! I was in seventh heaven after my first bite. To my surprise, he asked me if he could try it! After having a bite, he said something like, "This is what I've been missing all these years??" He really liked it! So much so that when it came time for dinner that evening, he asked me if we could stop at the sushi bar and have another appetizer! While enjoying our tuna and salmon (two things he wouldn't even eat cooked), he asked if we should cancel our dinner reservations and stay right there to eat more sushi! I responded by saying, "Who are you and what did you do with my husband?!" We had a great laugh about it and I really appreciated his new found adventurous and willing spirit.

Now that a few weeks have passed, I asked if he was willing to try this restaurant that we've heard such good things about. He happily agreed because he said he sort of wanted to verify for himself if he actually did like sushi now or if it was just some sort of weird flute. Although the restaurant offered many cooked options (they are actually well-known for their Kobe beef fillet), he was pretty adamant about only getting sushi. And no, he did not get a California roll. Let me just sum up this rather long and amusing story. He said that last night was the best meal he's ever had! Now that's bold! My husband enjoys sushi! We laughed and joked and had lots of fun. During our marriage, he always offered to take me to eat sushi but I rarely took him up on it because I knew I'd be eating alone. I always told him that eating sushi is an experience and it's best when shared. He totally sees that now. He asked, "What else do you think I'll like in another 6 years?" I'd say the possibilities are endless! Cheers and bon appetite!

You know we don't get out much when we are now taking pictures of our food. :)
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -