Experiencing Grace

18 October 2007

Well, our streak is over. Last night, after 7 months and 12 nights of restful sleep, we finally got up in the middle of the night to check on our girls. The baby monitor in our room woke me up at 3 a.m. with some mild cries. This has happened in the past but usually, they just go right back to sleep. Not this time. It turned into louder cries. Loud enough to wake us both up and take notice. I decided to go make sure that everything was OK. It turned out that Grace was crying but still lying down on her stomach. When I went into her room and touched her back, she immediately stopped crying. I picked her up and took her out of the room so that we wouldn't wake up Faith, who, despite the loud cries, remained asleep. After a diaper change, some hugs and kisses, Grace was fine and I laid her back in her crib. Thankfully, she immediately went back to sleep without a sound.

We know that we've been extremely fortunate that our girls have slept so well since they've been home. We also knew that at some point, there would be a night where that wasn't the case. I actually loved the tender time that I got to share with Grace and I am so grateful to have experienced it. It's not often that we get time alone with just one of our girls. There, in the dark, quiet, still of the night, with no other distractions, there was a sweet comfort and peace between us... just us. This morning I woke up thinking... inspite of our often busy days, isn't it wonderful that during those very quiet, still, and sometimes dark moments, we too, get to experience peace, comfort and grace.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -