Hello from Seoul!

28 February 2007

We're here! After being up for more than 24 hours straight, we finally made it to our agency's guest house at around 9:00 p.m. last night, Korea time. My aunt and cousin who live here kindly came to pick us up at the airport. We finally found each other after about 40 minutes. I've only seen my aunt once when she came to visit the U.S. last year so it made things a little difficult. It's a good thing I had her cell phone number. My aunt is my Dad's older sister and she has 3 children that live here with their families. My aunt and cousin Ji Hyun helped check us in at the guest house then graciously took us out to dinner.
I think the guard at the guest house was surprised to know that we were the couple from California that he had been waiting for since I spoke to him in Korean. Although somewhat limited in my Korean, I can pretty much understand everything and I can get by OK when it comes to speaking.

Unfortunately we were not able to sleep on our flight even though the airline itself was comfortable. We have always heard great things about Korean Air and I must say, they do live up to all that we've heard. With this longest leg of the journey behind us, we are now eager to explore and enjoy the rest of our trip here in South Korea. We were given a letter upon check-in from our social worker here. It said that we are going to meet our babies and the foster family on Friday, tomorrow! That's Thursday in the U.S. We arrived last night in the evening but from what we can tell of Seoul so far, the city is very clean. The airport at Incheon is quite big and immaculate. Incheon is about 40 miles away from Seoul. The traffic is really bad in the evenings, sometimes even until 10 :00 p.m. When we finally reached Seoul, at least the part that we are in now, it sort of looked like Manhattan with lots of restaurants, skyscrapers, stores, and neon signs. The weather is good today so we will get out and do some exploring. More to come!
Anonymous said...

Hi Morgan and Catherine,
Thanks for keeping us up to date. Can't wait to hear about the day you pick up your daughters.
Take care and you are in our prayers.

Ben

Eldridge said...

Thank you for allowing us the sheer joy of living vicariously through you!!! We are on pins and needles. Aho-

Marnie and Jorge, Panther and Osprey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Faith and Grace are so beautiful and so happy! Duke and I can feel their happiness through the computer. Today's picture of Morgan sleeping is a sign of a content father. What a wonderful gift to them and for both of you.
All our love,
Duke and Michelle

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -