Dancing with God

22 January 2007

Still no word yet and we've been trying to stay busy. Morgan's Uncle Jim and Aunt Lois visited from Nebraska last weekend.
This weekend, we saw more family in Orange County. I have to admit,
I am, however, feeling like I'm 9 months pregnant and overdue, (with twins!). It's so weird to think that one phone call will change the rest of our lives but then again, many phone calls do that, don't they? Thank you all for your calls, your e-mails, your support and continued prayers. This is really the hardest part. I mean, how do you really go about life as normal when you know that any day, your life will never be the same? I recently received a prayer from a friend called "Dancing With God." I loved the beautiful vision it left me. I look forward to reading it again and again to remind myself that God is my lead. He's got me. Now, let Him lead.

Dancing with God
When I meditated on the word Guidance,
I kept seeing " dance" at the end of the word.
I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.
When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.
The movement doesn't flow with the music,
and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.
When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,
both bodies begin to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back
or by pressing lightly in one direction or another.
It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.
The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness
from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.
My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw "G" I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i".
"God, "u" and "i" dance."
God, you, and I dance.
As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust
that I would get guidance about my life.
Once again, I became willing to let God lead.
My prayer for you today is that God's blessings
and mercies be upon you on this day and every day.
May you abide in God as God abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and
to guide you through each season of your life.
I hope you dance.
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -