Surprise!

26 September 2006

The phone rang Sunday morning as we were just about to leave for church. I answered the phone (which I normally don't do) and to my surprise, it was the director of the Korea program at our adoption agency. She asked me if I was sitting down. I knew right then that this was going to be big news! She then told me that they have a healthy set of TWIN girls for us to consider! As you can imagine, I got chills all over and things sounded a little fuzzy to me from that point on.

In my daze, I managed to tell her that we were just on our way to church. I said that we would discuss it and pray about it. Most of all, just try to absorb this somewhat shocking news. She said that once we talked about it, she could email us more information on the girls, if we wanted to see it. Of course, I said to email it right then. When I got off the phone, Morgan knew exactly who was on the other line. Of course, he thought we had just received a referral for one child. I told him the news and we were excited, shocked, and confused all at the same time. We sat at the computer and went back and forth about whether we should open this email now or wait until after we came back from church. Well, we couldn't wait! We read pages and pages of information and then finally came to their pictures. They are so cute! They look healthy and well taken care of. They were born on March 22, 2006 in Gwangju, South Korea. Currently, they are being cared for in a foster home in Seoul.

Needless to say, we left for church with our heads spinning! Two babies?? We slowly began to digest the news and things became a bit more clear. As soon as we got away from ourselves, our own plans, and our initial fears, we began to see the blessing that God had in store for us. Everything was starting to make sense. The new home, buying it a bit earlier than we expected to, and all of the details just working out perfectly. To top it off, we have a big baby room in our new home. Morgan has said all along that we could have several kids in there! From the beginning of this journey we have been praying for God's will and trusting that He would bless us with the perfect child for us. We just had no idea that He had a double blessing in mind! It's not really surprising though; God is just that way. He is full of surprises and always better than you could have ever dreamed for yourself. We are overwhelmed with gratitude.

It was our last Sunday at our beloved church before we move this week. We shared the news with our friends and they were surprised, excited and even shed tears of joy with us. We are so thankful for our church family. They have come alongside us on this journey. They have been wonderful supporters, encouragers, and prayer warriors. Our dear friend, Ann even mentioned that she had never seen Morgan so happy. He was glowing and bursting with joy. It was as if he couldn't contain himself. I would have to agree. He was floating on a cloud immersed in gratitude and blessing. It was as if his two baby girls were just born that day. I am so fortunate to have a husband who leads by example with such a big and generous heart :)

We are stepping out in faith and trusting that God will take care of all the details and that these two precious girls were meant for us. I was thinking yesterday how strange it is that life always changes in a single, unexpected moment.
Well, here we go!

Pictures and more info to come soon!
Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, twins! Catherine and Morgan I am SOO happy for you both! God is SO good :) I cannot wait for more updates and see pictures! You both are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I hope everything with the move is going smootly as well. Lots of love always.

-Shawna

Anonymous said...

I cried, am still crying for the sheer blessed joy of it all. There are no words to express the explosion in my heart...How wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!


All of our love,
Marnie & Tribe

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -