January 2020 Books

31 January 2020


I've decided to do my book reviews a little differently this year. I'm hoping to read #allthebooks in 2020 so instead of reviewing each book I read (like I did last year), I think I'll just list them here and then highlight the one that I enjoyed the most. The idea of writing a book review for 50 plus books is a little daunting.
And YES, that's my new goal for the year... 50!

I read 3 books in January and I enjoyed (and would recommend) each one.
Each very different and obviously the book on autism isn't going to apply to most people but nonetheless, they were all great reads.

I'm choosing to highlight I'm Proud of You because I found it to be beautifully poignant. This book impacted me in a way I didn't expect. I didn't grow up watching Mr. Rogers and I knew nothing about him or his background. However, after reading this book, I wanted to know all about him. 

He made me want to be a better friend, a better Christian, and overall, just a better human.
Some books come into your life at just the right time and even though parts of this were emotional and sad, there were also moments of deep meaning and understanding about the gift of friendship and life, both here and in eternity.

This was a Christmas gift I received from Faith and it was also the first book in 2020 that I finished. It's one of those books that will make a lasting imprint on your heart. I will always remember sitting at the beach on a crisp winter afternoon as I closed the very last page. Blissfully bittersweet.

Read it if you get the chance.
I'm 3/50. February, I'm comin' for you!
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -