April 2020 Book Review

30 April 2020


Reading more books has got to be one of the best pros about this pandemic time.

I enjoyed all of the books I read this month . The girls read Fish in a Tree and liked it so much that I decided to read it on my own. I thought it was wonderful. We really liked the author, Lynda Mullaly Hunt so we read her next book, One for the Murphy's, which we equally enjoyed. Then I read aloud book 1 of the fun series, The Mother Daughter Book Club. Lots of laughs with delightful references to Little Women.  
I typically LOVE anything by Jennie Allen so I was anticipating her new book, Get Out of Your Head. 
For me, it was just good, not great. 

The one that stands out the most was Unveiling Grace by Lynn Wilder.


This is the true story of one Mormon family. From a young man on his lifelong dream of going on Mormon mission, his siblings, his father, deeply submerged in the LDS Priesthood, to the author, a mother and tenured professor at BYU. She spent 30 years of her life devoted to the Mormon church. This is her riveting account of how each member of her family found their way out of the works-driven core of Mormonism to the unmerited saving grace of Jesus Christ.

After reading this family's account and everything they went through, it leaves me with a better understanding and compassion for Mormons. 

I had the girls read this one, too. It made for a great apologetics discussion. 

17/50  
2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -