49 Times Around the Sun

25 October 2019

LOL! 😂
I still can't believe it myself.
I'm past the point of hiding my age. You know why?
Because I know growing old is a privilege denied to many.
I've lived some life in these 49 years.
It's flown by way too fast but I'm just so grateful for each one.

The day was filled with sweet gestures from Morgan and the kids.
Then we went to lunch at one of my favorite spots, Luna Grill.

The Better Beet Bowl hit the spot. 😋


Instead of a birthday cake, I made a scrumptious Apple Crisp for my family.
This one was made with real, whole ingredients and no refined sugar. It was also gluten free.
I used cinnamon, coconut oil, and pure maple syrup. We lit some candles (not 49 of them!), sang Happy Birthday and topped it with coconut vanilla ice cream. Delish!


 Then over the weekend, I got together with some of my sweet girlfriends for a #birthdaylunch at Desert Willow.


You guys, I'm an introvert at heart. I'm uncomfortable in big crowds and I hate small talk. 
Growing up, I always had lots of acquaintances and "friends" but I only had a couple of really close friends. 
I was totally good with that because I know that even having one close friend is a huge blessing in someone's life. That's why this group of ladies (and several others who are missing) are so special to me. We have lived some life together. We've shared joys, we've cried some tears, and we've prayed our hearts out for one another. We've tasted and seen the goodness of the Lord, together.

These are the sisters I never had and I couldn't be more thankful for each one of them!

I'll be honest, my 40's have been hard. At least the second half, anyway. It's been almost 5 years since we lost my dad and soon after, we lost both of Morgan's parents. I've had some health issues pop up in my later 40's that required 2 surgeries. The morning of my birthday last week, we also found out that our sweet boy has autism with ADHD (more on this later).  

So yeah, life has been full of challenges these past 5 years.
BUT GOD. He is so faithful. He doesn't waste any of it. He uses it to draw us closer to Him and if we are willing, He uses US to fulfill His purpose. How awesome is that? 

These past 5 years have also brought about the joyful adoption of our son, the starting of an orphan care ministry at our church, the humbling of our family, the reliance on the Lord, the blossoming of our children, the gift of health, and the beauty of sweet friendships like these.   

I've never been more purposeful, grateful and happy.
Thank you, Lord for all of it!

Here's to the start of another trip around the sun!    

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -