Good Grace

09 September 2019


Sometimes God uses a song to minister to me and that's exactly what happened on Sunday morning.
It just so happens that on Sunday morning before I left for church, I finally got some news that I'd been waiting for all week.

I'd love to say that I'm the type that never worries but that would be a flat out lie.
The truth is, sometimes things are beyond my control and I have to wait for an answer.
That answer may be good news or it may be bad news. I don't always handle the unknown with ease.
At times like this, I'm usually nose deep in my bible, looking for God's promises and seeking reassurance.
I'm also constantly in prayer because sometimes, I feel helpless and I need to talk to God. I need Him to keep every thought captive and fill my heart with peace.

Man, Satan comes to kill and destroy. He's the Father of lies and if we have our guard down, he may just have us believing them. This isn't my first go around with trials beyond my control but each time, I'm learning a little quicker than the last time. I'm learning that maybe God allows these trials because He's refining us and making us just a little bit more brave? Maybe He wanted me to cling to every promise and remember that His faithfulness has never failed? Or maybe He wanted to show me once again that He loves me and will never forsake me?

I got the good news I had been waiting for but let me tell you something...
I don't think it ever comes without surrender. At least not for me. There's a pattern there, for sure. 
Surrender before deliverance.

I got my good news and then I practically floated to church. The last song I heard on the radio before I walked in was a song called Good Grace by Hillsong. The words just penetrated my heart and made me realize that God was there all along. He was telling me, You never have to worry. Be brave. I've got you.
All I could do was praise Him and thank Him.

And then, during service, our worship team said they wanted to teach us a new song that morning.
Guess what it was? Coincidence?
Of course, not.

I love how intimate God is.   

Why am I writing this? I thought maybe someone else needed to hear these words, too.


And if you really want to get in the worshipping mood, check out the video!
Go full screen.



I'm so thankful for a loving, gracious, good God who loves me.
Guess what? He loves you, too!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -