Advent & Pre-Christmas Activities

08 December 2018

This year, I decided to do a Christmas book advent for Zach. I found 24 Christmas books we had around the house and the girls wrapped them up for me. The idea being, each day, leading up to Christmas, he'd get to unwrap a book and we'd read it together. To be honest, I wasn't sure how this was going to go with him. After just a couple of days, he caught on quickly and he'd make it a point to pick out the next book he wanted to read and leave it under the tree. He was a good boy and it was the perfect first advent activity for him.  

Daddy would often read to him after dinner.


 For the girls, I read aloud Tabitha's Travels. We've really enjoyed Arnold Ytreeide's other books so we knew this would not disappoint. It was a wonderful advent read.


 We started decorating the house right after Thanksgiving. We found that a couple of our outside decorations had broken so we actually went to the store to purchase a reasonably sized inflatable (classy, I know!) just because Zach loves them so much. When we gave him a choice between a couple of inflatables or this praying angel, he chose the angel. Once daddy set it up, he hugged it.😄


 Once again, daddy did a beautiful job decorating.


 My Christmas shopping buddy.


 I had to take a photo because this kid napping is a RARE occasion. 😂


 I'm not a baker AT ALL but I thought he might like to bake some Christmas cookies so I bought these festive Pillsbury pull-apart cookies for us to make.


 He enjoyed watching them bake in the oven with Grace.


 That face just melts my heart every time. 😍
*Wouldn't you know it, he took one small bite of a cookie and he was done. He didn't like them at all.
The kid knows good baking and this was NOT it.
(Thanks, Jill! You've spoiled us all!) 😂 

For our neighbor treats this year, I decided to go with something savory instead of sweet. In the past, we've always made our No-bake Peppermint Fudge but who needs more sweets this time of year, right? These Ranch Crackers & Salty, Spicy, Sweet Pecans were a big hit with all. They were not only easy to make, they were highly addictive and slightly gourmet.
We received this tasty gift combo last year from Marsha, a friend of ours, and I needed her recipe.
This may be my new favorite snack mix!

 The sunsets in the desert are always gorgeous but when it's Christmastime and all the neighborhoods are decorated, it's magical.


We've done this now for the last couple of years and it worked out well again this year because a couple of us were recovering from colds. We just get in our car and cruise our neighboring gated communities to see all the Christmas lights.

Love my family so much!

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -