Birthday Blessings

21 October 2017

Last Sunday, it was my birthday!


My girlfriends and I met at Shield's and Karen brought these fresh cut roses from her garden.


 Melissa & Jill.


Janette & Karen.


When you're at Shield's celebrating something, STUFFED DATES are mandatory!


I had the Curry Chicken Salad with papaya and rhubarb vinaigrette. Yum!


I was showered with the sweetest gifts.


Then we all had a bite of the dessert the restaurant brought out to share.


It was nice but it did NOT in any way compare to the special dessert Jill made for us!


OH MY STARS!!
I waited until I got home to share this with the family but look how beautiful and festive it is!


Love these sweet girlfriends of mine!
(Missed my Hailey, though)


I love anything pumpkin spice so this cake was definitely one of my all time favorites!
We split it 5 ways in our house.


 And wouldn't you know? My "take it or leave it" when it comes to sweets kid ate the majority of it! No joke! He had like 10 bites and he kept asking for more!


Apparently, he knows his cake. He's a huge fan of Ms. Jill's cakes and who could blame him?
They're the BEST!!

Two years ago, my girlfriends and I started celebrating our birthdays by getting together for Sunday lunch. It was a good time for all of us, being that it was after church and our husbands would be home with the kids. Needless to say, this tradition is something we all look forward to as our birthdays come along. We began at Shield's with my birthday two years ago and it just felt right to be back. The outdoor seating with music this time of year is such a special treat!

Having one dear friend in life is a blessing in itself but to have this precious group of ladies by my side is a gift from God that I do not take for granted. Godly friendship is a sweet and refreshing gift to the soul and these ladies are just a few of the many reasons why I'm an incredibly blessed woman.

My day was lovely. I truly appreciated all the cards, gifts, texts, and emails that I received. 
Year number 46 was a good one. I can't wait to see what 47 holds!


2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -