Happy Adoption Day, Zach!

25 September 2017

Last Tuesday, we celebrated one of my favorite days ever... Zach's Adoption Day!
He started the day off with some school. Btw, He LOVES "school" and asks to do it every morning!


He's getting really good with his phonics!


Later in the day, he made a visit to the barber.


Our handsome boy. Look at that face! I just want to kiss it all over! And I do! 💋💋


He's the cutest!


We look nothing alike and but our love is thicker than blood.


In the evening, we celebrated at Macario's with Mexican food,
all the guacamole and chips, and live festive music.  


I told our server we were there to celebrate a special occasion and before we knew it, they were bringing out the sombrero, the sundae, and all the musical instruments. They huddled around him and sang,
"Happy Birthday to you!" Ha!
  

As you can see, he was absolutely giddy! If you think about it, an Adoption Day is very much like a birthday! All day long, we were telling him that it was his adoption day so afterwards, we also sang "Happy Adoption Day" to him, too!


He's still not a big fan of ice cream but lately, he's all about the chocolate!


Sharing his treat with daddy. Zach IS our cherry on top!


Oh my goodness...This boy has my heart! He kept calling his sombrero a cowboy hat. 😂


It was seriously such a sweet and fun family celebration. Just perfect!


This day marks one of the happiest days in my life because after spending his first 75 days in the NICU (much of it, touch and go), our son was finally able to come home. I can remember it like it was yesterday and yet, time has moved so quickly since then. He's 3 now and I'm turning 47 next month. It's not at all what I imagined for this stage in my life but so much better.
God writes the most amazing stories.

To think that we could've missed it all if we didn't obey and trust God. It just takes my breath away when I think about how this little soul was meant to be in our family all along.

At 38.5 weeks, despite all the hardship he went through in the NICU, our strong and mighty miracle was finally able to come home. In our family, we celebrate our children's homecoming day. We call it "Adoption Day" but in actuality, it has nothing to do with the day the courts made us a "legal" family. Nor is it the day we laid our eyes on them for the first time. To us, we celebrate and commemorate their homecoming.
It makes me think of how happy God must be, the day His children finally come home. Adoption is hard and sometimes messy, friends. But at its core, it's also a beautiful picture of the gospel itself.

Happy Adoption Day, Zachy-Roo! It's been a wild ride so far and I can't wait to see how the rest of your unfolds. We love you so much and we thank God for the joy and privilege of being your family.

2019 © BRAVE SOUL - THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -